Wellspring was founded in 1997. Methodists have had a long presence in Shrewsbury, however. Wellspring was born of the old Fairlawn United Methodist Church, built in 1928. Before that, we had a home in downtown Shrewsbury, on Wesleyan Street. Methodists believe in Heads, Hands, Hearts. The Hands part means actively engaging in service projects in the community to help those in need. Over the years we've prepared flood buckets for victims of hurricane Sandy, numerous mission trips to Haiti, Guatemala, and parts of America, the supplying of backpacks to Coolidge School, and the preparation of buddy bags for the homeless.
Wellspring has also been involved in the Interfaith Hospitality Network. Every year, Wellspring has entered a float in the Spririt of Shrewsbury parade, as well as a booth. We are also active in the STOP (Students Together Opposed to Prejudice) program, which for the past several years has worked with youth to educate them on the various faiths in the area.